Health Systems Trust’s Better Off Knowing campaign that responded to a UN AIDS initiative that aims for 90% of the world population to know their status, be on treatment and have their viral load suppressed by 2020.
The main target market was the youth. While this is a group a lot of knowledge and access to information, It is critical that they are encouraged to know their HIV/AIDS status.
The campaign highlighted the paradox of young people having knowledge on various topics, but not knowing their HIV or TB status.
The campaign line: You’re better off knowing.
This was creatively communicated through:
- Print, billboards and wall murals with provocative messaging in communities across South Africa with the aim of stimulating discussion and debate
- Wall murals were WIFI enabled to encourage the audience to take the conversation online
- Radio spots on regional radio stations and African language community stations with chat show segment
- Digital placements to deepen conversation about complex issues
- Website and mobisite
- Activations to promote education and provide HCT services
For more information please visit http://betteroffknowing.org.za/